Back to School with Essential oils
It’s that time again ~ Back to School!
Whether you homeschool, send your kids to school or go to school yourself, there are several different essential oils that can help transition from summer back to early mornings and homework.
1. In Tune. Designed to enhance the body’s ability to focus and support healthy thought processes. Whether you are the child, the parent or the teacher (or both!) this blend can help you focus and stay on task. Apply to the bottom of the feet morning and night and whenever needed throughout the day. Can also apply on the neck or rub well into the spine (dilution recommended).
2. Cedarwood. For promoting relaxation. Diffuse then rub into the bottom of the feet or dilute and apply to neck, wrists, neck, etc. This is a wonderfully calming oil and also great if your child is agitated or upset. It’s a wonderful oil to have in your home if you have a child prone to drama or tantrums (and also great for older boys who might not want to smell like a “girly” oil). It’s always my favorite oil to shut off my brain at night in order to fall asleep.
3. On Guard. Support your immune system with this amazing blend that smells like Fall given that the blend of oils include Cinnamon, Clove and Wild Orange. Diffuse then make your own hand cleaning spray or clean with the On Guard cleaning concentrate. You can also utilize the throat drops – make it part of every day!
4. Balance. Think about trees; they are rooted and stable despite being flexible in the wind. This is how we want to be – rooted and grounded yet flexible when there’s change, without being broken. This blend, containing several different tree oils, is a great oil for calming, tantrums, hormone fluctuations, low mood and more.
5. Whole food kids vitamins and fish oils. For a foundation of health. These supplements are designed specifically for children to give them all the whole-food derived nutrients they need as well as the Omega 3s so vital to brain growth and health. My kids love these! They are not full of sugar and junk like many mainstream kids vitamins – it certainly feels good to give them something good for them.
6. Citrus Bliss. Especially great for waking up in the morning, mood lifting, energizing and just general happiness. Diffuse then mix with water for a room spray (only mix in glass not plastic) or just smell from the bottle. Citrus blend smells like a creamsicle – yum!
7. Rosemary. Rosemary is wonderful to support the brain in retaining information. I love Rosemary – it’s a warm, soothing oil that’s brought me great comfort when I needed respiratory support.
8. Serenity or Lavender for peace. A new grade, new teacher or new school can be very stressful. Diffusing Calming blend or sending them with a roller bottle of Lavender in their pocket can further give them comfort and support throughout their day.
Q: Can they bring oils to school?
A: Different schools have different policies. My little brother uses his daily, with the help of his aid, and overall are a wonderful blessing for him. We often use them as part of homeschooling, whether Focus blend to help them sit and finish their work, or some happy oils going in the diffuser.
Q: How should we dilute for children?
A: Great questions! Check out my answers here: Diluting
Q: What’s the best way to send the oils with them to school?
A: We love roller bottles at our house. I like to have different colors for different children. You can make labels for the bottle or let each child decorate their own roller with stickers. Overall, this makes it easy to dilute and tuck into their backpack or pocket.
Q: What’s the best diffuser to get?
A: Check out my reviews on diffusers
Don’t have essential oils yet? Read more about how to get them for your family: How to buy essential oils
Happy Back to School everyone! It’s going to be a great year with our oils!
Have questions? Need help deciding whats best for you?
Email me [email protected] and I’ll be in touch very soon. Happy oiling! I look forward to working with you!