In 7 years of using doTERRA essential oils with my children I have never seen them react so instantly, positively and intuitively to an oil or concept as they did to the oils in the new doTERRA kids kit (doTERRA kids collection). I wish I would have videoed my youngest, who is 6, when I first handed her this kit – she understood how to use it right away and was instantly in love! The doTERRA kids kit is so well done, so colorful and fun and easy for them to understand how to use. We can change our culture by teaching our children to be empowered with natural choices! This generation is stressed and anxious and essential oils can help.
The doTERRA kids collection has 2 oil blend designed for their heart, 2 oil blends designed for their mind and 2 oil bends designed for their body – a genius concept! The flashcards are written in a way that is easy-to-understand for children. I explained it to her once and she took possession of the kit and was off!
The doTERRA kids kit is designed to be safe for children to use on their own.
This independence empowers children to care for themselves naturally – this is powerful!! Natural health empowerment is what we want for our children. With as sick as this generation is, teaching our kids to listen to their bodies, to go to a natural product for help when something is off and how to care for themselves with essential oils is a game changer!
Is the doTERRA kids kid only for children?
Not at all! These 6 blends are beautiful and great alternatives for some of our most popular blends, to rotate your oils or to use in more sensitive skin areas.
Let’s dive in and learn more about these 6 essential oil blends made specifically for children…
Calmer™ Restful Blend helps your child relax and promotes sleep. It creates restful feelings throughout the mind and body with essential oils of Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Ylang Ylang, Buddha Wood, and Fractionated Coconut Oil. Think of this as a kid’s version of Serenity blend.
- Lavender and Roman Chamomile soothe anxious feelings that can interfere with falling to sleep.
- Buddha Wood has a high concentration of complex sesquiterpenes that can be grounding, calming, and supportive of bedtime routines when experienced aromatically.
- The aroma of Ylang Ylang blossoms promotes relaxation.
The oils in Calmer help quiet the mind before bedtime, support restful sleep, and encourage relaxation.
Thinker™ Focus Blend helps prevent mental distraction and reduce feelings of mental stress and fatigue. This kid-pleasing blend is comprised of Vetiver, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Clementine essential oils with Fractionated Coconut Oil. Think of this as a kid’s version of In Tune with oils that are still powerful for focus but more mild in scent.
- Vetiver root is a rich, woody oil that calms the mind and brings focus.
- Peppermint and Clementine are energizing and encourage a positive outlook.
- Research suggests that inhaling Rosemary essential oil may help people recall previously learned material, making it an excellent companion for test day.
Together, the oils combine in Thinker help instill a sense of alertness and focus while doing homework, during tests, or anytime concentration is needed.
Brave™ Courage Blend helps manage stress and feelings of anxiousness. Counteract negative emotions of doubt, pessimism, and cynicism with Brave Courage Blend. This blend combines essential oils of Wild Orange, Osmanthus Flower, Cinnamon Bark, and Amyris Wood.
- Wild Orange is an uplifting and energizing oil with a sweet, citrus aroma.
- Amyris Wood is traditionally used to promote calm feelings and manage stress.
- Osmanthus Flower is chemically similar to Rose. Native to Asia, it is emotionally supportive when experiencing overwhelmed or stressful feelings.
- Cinnamon Bark is energizing and provides warming and soothing benefits to the skin when properly diluted.
Energizing and invigorating, Brave promotes feelings of confidence, courage, and belief in oneself.
Strong™ Protective Blend promotes a natural immune defense and is soothing to the emotions and the skin during times of distress. This blend combines Frankincense, Cedarwood, Rose, and Litsea essential oils with Fractionated Coconut Oil. Think of this as kid’s version of On Guard.
- Litsea is sometimes called “tropical verbena” due to its similar fragrance. It has a pleasant, fresh, lemony aroma. It has a high concentration of geranial and neral, which gives it calming and soothing benefits.
- Frankincense has a warm, spicy aroma that promotes peaceful feelings. It is also soothing and rejuvenating to the skin.
- Cedarwood has been used historically for its calming and relaxing aroma. Emerging scientific evidence is providing support for this use.
- Osmanthus flower essential oil is chemically similar to Rose. It has a high concentration of ionones, making it ideal for emotional support when you are feeling overwhelmed.
These emotionally-soothing oils combine in Strong to create a dynamic blend that strengthens the mind and body.
Rescuer™ Soothing Blend reduces feelings of tension in the neck and shoulders. This relaxing blend is comprised of essential oils of Lavender, Spearmint, Copaiba, and Tomar seed with Fractionated Coconut Oil. Think of this as a kid’s version of Deep Blue that is gentler to the skin and more diluted but still very effective for sore muscles.
- Lavender has been used to soothe head and neck tension since the days of Queen Elizabeth I of England. Its fresh, lightly floral aroma instills a sense of relaxation.
- Spearmint is topically cooling to the skin, thanks to its menthol content, and is mentally refreshing.
- Tomar seed essential oil is harvested from the fruit of a tree native to Nepal. It is used to encourage relaxation at the end of the day.
- Copaiba helps calm anxious feelings when inhaled.
Together, these remarkable oils blend beautifully into a highly soothing blend that can help your child unwind and relax after a busy day.
Steady™ Grounding Blend helps balance mood and soothe upset feelings when emotions seem close to the surface. As a parent, you notice when your child seems to be extra sensitive. Sometimes, this means they need a long nap, an extra snuggle, or some one-on-one time. You can help your child feel more calm and balanced with Steady. This blend combines essential oils of Amyris Wood, Balsam Fir, Coriander, and Magnolia with Fractionated Coconut Oil. Think of this as a kid’s version of Balance. The scent is absolutely lovely!
- Amyris Wood (also known as West Indian Sandalwood) is traditionally used in meditation practices to promote calm feelings and manage stress. It has a gentle, woody aroma.
- Balsam Fir has a Christmas tree aroma that is relaxing during times of busyness or upheaval.
- Coriander seed is an herbal oil used in massage for its soothing effects.
- Magnolia has a high linalool content. Research suggests that inhaled magnolia essential oil (due to its linalool content) may help to promote feelings of calmness and relaxation.
Together, these oils combine in Steady to evoke calm and balanced feelings. Apply Steady on the bottom of the feet, to wrists, or to the back of the neck to promote feelings of calmness and steady the emotions.
doTERRA Kid’s kit Uses and Benefits
The doTERRA Kid’s Collection is a kid-friendly introduction to essential oils. Here are some of the ways to use this collection help your child.
- Apply Calmer™ Restful Blend to wrists before bedtime or naps to quiet the mind and soothe away worries. It is helpful for children of all ages. This blend can help older children take control of their own sleeping habits.
- When your child is feeling self-doubt, worry, or anxious feelings, reach for Brave™ Courage Blend. This energizing blend promotes confidence and belief in oneself. It can be helpful to keep on hand before a sports event, musical performance, test, or anytime children need a little encouragement to believe in themselves.
- If your child is getting distracted during homework time, pull out Thinker™ Focus Blend. Apply to the wrists of children who are easily distracted. This is also a great blend to use before tests.
- When your child is in need of a comforting touch, apply Stronger™ Protective Blend during times of distress. It supports a natural immune defense and offers emotionally strengthening benefits. When your child isn’t feeling the best, leave a bottle of Stronger Protective Blend on their dresser or apply to the back of the neck for an added boost.
Moms – you do NOT want to be without these oils for your kiddos!
Watch this short 20 minute explanation of the doTERRA kids kit below:
If you are ready to empower yourself and your children naturally and safely with the doTERRA Kids kit click here to order: Click here to order doTERRA kid’s kit (To get the kit for $95 add the $35 wholesale customer membership. You save almost all that money right away and it gives you 25% off for a year plus taps you into all of my support and team education. No required sales or monthly orders – ever!)
I’d love to hear how you are using the doTERRA kids kit in YOUR home – share with me below!
Cautions Always supervise younger children when they are using oils. Keep out of reach of children under the age of three.
Have questions? Need help deciding whats best for you?
Email me [email protected] and I’ll be in touch very soon. Happy oiling! I look forward to working with you!