This week we sent one of our children off to camp for the first time. It was a big parenting step for us (Ok, for me. My husband is much braver than I am). We checked this list twice but I of course had to also make sure he was well prepared with essential oils. Here is what I sent:
- Terrashield bug repellant spray (1 bottle of Repellant blend in 2oz water)
- Deep Blue for sore muscles
- Cedarwood to promote restful sleep
- Melaleuca for its cleansing properties
- Lavender in case of seasonal symptoms
- Purify roller (undiluted) for itchy bug bites or stings
- Digestzen roller for any digestive issues (not pictured)
- On Guard Hand cleaning spray (10 drops Protective blend in 2oz water)
- On Guard throat drops
- On Guard roller for his feet each night
He had a great time! They played HARD. The poor kid could barely stay awake when he got home. I was so proud that he used almost all of the products that I sent. He even shared the Peppermint with his friend and he said it really helped him breathe well! I love that he was caring for others with his oils as well as himself. He used cedarwood each night to fall asleep, his spray to keep bugs away, the Protective blend products and the Soothing blend Rub for his sore muscles. Its so neat to see him empowered and knowledgeable about essential oils! This is something I hope to teach all of my children – to think about their choices, to know their bodies, to know the natural options they have and to help serve others with their knowledge as well.
Thankfully he didnt have any digestive issues – despite earning the nickname “Cricket” for accepting a dare to eat one. Gross!! Boys! He spit out thankfully. But either way he was prepared.
Summer camp success with essential oils!
Rollers, spray bottles, small sample bottles and rub container from Aromatools.com
Have questions? Need help deciding whats best for you?
Email me [email protected] and I’ll be in touch very soon. Happy oiling! I look forward to working with you!