How to use Copaiba oil – doTERRA
Hopefully you’ve gotten your hands on a bottle of doTERRA’s newly offered Copaiba oil (pronounced Co-pie-EE-ba). It’s a tremendously powerful oil both for mind and body. It can calm you when you feel anxious, boost your immune system and help with digestive and respiratory issues. It’s very effective at calming the nervous system which is why many people purchase it. The stories we have pouring in from our team about how Copaiba is helping them are incredible! And now let’s chat about how to use Copaiba.
Why use Copaiba?
Copaiba essential oil is made from the resin of the copaiba tree which can grow to be over 100 feet in tropical South America. Copaiba oil is widely used in beauty products including soaps, creams, lotions, and perfumes. The natives of north and northeastern Brazil have been using Copaiba since the 16th century.
Copaiba supports the health of your cardiovascular, immune, digestive and respiratory systems. It is a powerful antioxidant that helps calm, soothe, and support the nervous system. Copaiba promotes clear, smooth skin and reduces the appearance of blemishes.
Because of Copaiba’s chemical makeup its effects on the body are similar to CBD oil. It does not contain psychoactive cannabinoids like marijuana-derived products can, but the main component, caryophyllene, may be neuro-protective and have cardiovascular and immune benefits. This is exciting! You can read more about CBD vs Copaiba by clicking here.
Similar to Frankincense, Copaiba supports a healthy inflammatory response and so these two oils are even more powerful used together.
You can use DoTERRA’s Copaiba topically, aromatically and internally.
How to use Copaiba topically:
- Dilute one to two drops with a carrier oil , then apply to desired area. Rub in well. Repeat as needed. This is a life saver for the neck pain I get sometimes from sleeping wrong or working at the computer too long. It feels better in minutes!
- Add 20 drops of Copaiba to a roller bottle and top off with Fractionated coconut oil. This is for adults – use more, if needed, for pain. Click here to learn more about dilution and making a roller bottle.
- I recommend doTRRA’s fractionated coconut oil as a carrier for topical use and roller bottles. It is non-greasy and doesn’t stain.
- Apply topically combined with a carrier oil or a facial moisturizer to help keep skin clean and clear, and to help reduce the appearance of blemishes. I recommend doTERRA’s Hydrating Cream, it is my absolute favorite!
How to use Copaiba internally:
- Drop 1-2 drops under the tongue in the morning and evening. Hold under your tongue 20 seconds then follow with water
- Add 1 to 2 drops to water, juice, or tea daily or as needed
- Add 1-2 drops to an empty veggie capsule. You can also add a carrier oil like coconut, olive or avocado oil to the capsule (optional – makes it gentler on your stomach).
- Take internally to help soothe and calm the nervous system.
- Combine with Frankincense for daily use for optimal health
Note: internal use should not exceed 24 drops a day
How to use Copaiba aromatically:
- Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
- Aromatic use supports the immune system, is calming and promotes a restful night’s sleep.
- Copaiba combines well with: Lavender, Serenity blend, Frankincense, Lemon, Wild Orange, Fir oils, Cedarwood (hello sleep!) and many others. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
How have you used Copaiba and what has it done for you? Share below!
Have questions? Need help deciding whats best for you?
Email me [email protected] and I’ll be in touch very soon. Happy oiling! I look forward to working with you!